Sunday, September 21, 2008

75th Anniversary!

Today was the 75th Anniversary of Harrisburg Baptist Church! There have been so many activities leading up to tonight's drama 'The Wind in His Fists'. It is a continuation of the 50th anniversary chronicling Harrisburg's history that was written 25 years ago by a church member. Matt had a part in the drama and we went to see it tonight. It was great! Harrisburg has been such a major part of my life since I was 8 years old. It is really the only church I remember attending. Being a 'Harrisburger' (I think my mom still has some of my old Children's Choir tshirts that say that!), to becoming a Christian, GA's, prayer breakfast every Tuesday morning, going to Gulfshores Baptist Assembly every summer, then getting married at Harrisburg to now worshipping with my children and husband there really means a lot to me. I could go on and on about the many memories I have, but I will save them for another time. Happy 75th Anniversary Harrisburg! I look forward to many more years to come!

No comments: